Alterations Final Project

I completed my final alterations project, so that is a relief, because there are plenty of other tasks that need attention now.  For the project, I re-crafted an old sundress that I still loved too much to get rid of, even though I hadn't worn it in two years.  It was tight and too slinky on top, with spaghetti straps and a deep-V bust, rendering it uncomfortable and impractical in these child-bearing years.  But it is made from a lovely light-weight denim, and I loved the contrast of denim that was still flowy and ample, due to its tiered shape and the maxi length.  I decided to make it into an easy summer maternity dress.  

Here are the before and after pictures:

IMG_9742.JPG